This recipe combines all different varieties of onions in a soup and can be made in any season. Ideal for vata and kapha constitution and can be had as an appetizer or a complete meal if combined with bread.
Good for Vata and Kapha.
Prep Time: 1/2 hour
Total Time: 45 mins
Serves: 2 Persons
- Heat oil in a soup pot. Add Bay leaf
- Once fragrant, add shallots.
- Once the shallots turn translucent add yellow onion and let it caramelize
- Once the edges of the yellow onion turn brown, add other varieties of onion
- Keep scraping the pan to avoid burning and uniform caramelization, while adding a little amount of broth at a time. This usually takes 10 to 15 minutes
- Add garlic and saute for another 2 minutes
- Once the entire mixture is evenly caramelized, add the remaining broth and let it Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes
- Once the onions turn soft and soggy, add salt and pepper.
- Mix well and Serve hot.
For more nutrients and flavor, add chopped carrots, celery, etc.