This sandwich recipe features Tofu, lettuce, and tomatoes with a minty mayo. It’s almost like a BLT sandwich but vegetarian and better.
Good for Pitta dosha.
For Vata, layer sauerkraut in the sandwich
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: Makes 2 Sandwiches
- 1 big slice of Tofu (½ inch thick)
- 1 Tomato cut into slices
- 4 slices of whole green toasted bread
- 2 T mayonnaise
- 1 t ghee
- 1 T of crushed mint leaves
- 1 t of mustard sauce
- 2 to 3 leaves of Lettuce
- Season tomato slices with salt and pepper.
- Mix the mint leaves with mayonnaise and mustard sauce. Keep aside
- In a pan heat ghee and roast tofu on both sides, sprinkle salt, and keep aside
- Spoon the minty mayo on 2 slices of bread and spread.
- Arrange lettuce, tomato slices, and tofu slice
- Gently press to close and serve.
Tastes best with avocado mash or avocado slices.
You can also add layers of grilled zucchini, slices of roasted squash, fresh cucumber, or your favorite sandwich fillings
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.