Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 30 Min
Serves: 4-5 person(approx)
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
- When the seeds begin to pop add urad dal, chana dal, peanuts, dried red chili, thing, curry leaves, 2 green chilies, and slightly sauté. You can also add chopped cashew nuts.
- Add tamarind paste, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Mix well and let it cook covered for 5-7 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from flame when oil starts separating from the thickened tamarind extract. Keep aside.
- Dry roast 1 tsp mustard for 2-3 minutes.
- When it cools down blend to a fine powder.
- Add cooked rice to the tamarind and spice mix, add salt and mix well.
- Sprinkle the mustard powder over the rice and serve.