Moong dal is a legume that is green when whole but light yellow when hulled and split. Dal is also used for the dish that is made from legumes. For greens, choose from kale, collards, or chard to help keep pitta down. Here we have used Spinach.
Good for Pitta and Vata Dosha
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 Person
- Rinse the moong beans with cool water and drain.
- In a large pot, melt ghee and saute cumin for a minute. Add garlic and onion and saute till it turns translucent and aromatic.
- Add turmeric, asafoetida, paprika, and dried red chili and mix well.
- Add moong beans, mix well and saute for a minute.
- Increase the flame to high and add the broth.
- Bring the broth to a boil, cover, and let it simmer for 20 minutes over low flame.
- Add chopped spinach, stirring continuously, and simmer for 5 to 8 minutes, till it turns soft.
- Season with salt, mix well, and serve with Rice or chapati.