What is Prostate Problems?
What are the Symptoms of Prostate Problems?
What are the Causes of Prostate Problems?
- Prostatitis and
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH)
- Prostatitis is an inflammation or an infection of the prostate and most common is young to middle aged men and BPH is growth of the prostate gland to an unhealthy size. It is also called enlarged prostate and the possibility of getting this condition goes up with age.
- However, other than these two main causes, prostate problems may be caused by Prostate cancer as well.
When to see a Doctor?
Lifestyle Prevention of Prostate Problems
- Diet plays an important role in preventing prostate problems. Try to add green veggies and fruits to your daily diet. Also lessen the fat intake, particularly trans fats and saturated fats. Also, try to avoid charred meat. Green tea and soy are very effective for maintaining a healthy prostate.
- Reduce alcohol consumption and quit smoking.
- Daily working out is also very important.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Prostate Problems
- Herbal Formula: This herbal formula is an excellent way to manage the symptoms of Prostate Problems. Take 2 parts of Punarnava, 1/8 part of Shilajit, and 2 parts of Gokshura. Mix them well and take a quarter tsp of this mixture twice daily after meal.
- Herbal Mixture: Take an equal amount of Ashwagandha, hibiscus, and horsetail tea and make a mixture. Then add one tsp of this mixture to one cup of hot water, steep it for about 7 to 8 minutes, and drink this. This is a very effective herbal remedy for prostate problems.