What is Nausea and Vomiting?
Nausea and Vomiting are health conditions that may occur due to various illnesses. Most often these conditions are caused by viral gastroenteritis or mostly called stomach flu. Another very common cause of nausea and vomiting is morning sickness of early pregnancy. Numerous medications and treatments may trigger nausea and vomiting as well. In some rare cases, these conditions can be an indication of some severe health conditions.
What are the Symptoms of Nausea and Vomiting?
Vomiting and nausea are the symptoms of different medical illnesses including stomach flu and morning sickness. Symptoms can be queasy feeling, upset stomach, and possibly throwing up. This can affect adults and children both.
What are the Causes of Nausea and Vomiting?
- The causes of Nausea and Vomiting are widespread. They can be caused by some medical conditions or some treatment and medications.
- Health conditions like pregnancy, Gastroparesis, Migraine, Food poisoning, etc. are very common causes of these conditions.
- Nausea and Vomiting can also be caused by depression, anxiety, fatigue, and dizziness.
- A brain tumor is again another major cause of nausea and vomiting. You may also experience Nausea and Vomiting in case you are having a heart attack.
- Other than these, there are many more causes like food allergy, alcohol use disorders, intestinal obstructions, etc.
When to see a Doctor?
Consult a doctor if your vomiting persists more than two days for adults, 24 hours for children, You’ve had spells of nausea and vomiting for longer than a month, or You’ve suffered inexplicable weight loss along with nausea and vomiting.
Lifestyle Prevention of Nausea and Vomiting
- Preventing nausea and vomiting is possible if it is caused by less severe conditions, such as morning sickness, gas, headaches, etc.
- In case you are feeling nauseous, drinking anything cold gives you a great relief. If you drink soft drinks or sparkle water that will help immediately.
- Fasting is also a very effective measure which may enable your digestive system to rest. Not eating for a whole day will help you heal. Even if you can’t fast, try to eat less and bland.
- Generally you should never do any activity right after eating. Any activity may trigger nausea.
- In case you have been suffering from these conditions for more than two days, it is advisable to avoid taking any fried or greasy food.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Nausea and Vomiting
There are some great herbal Ayurvedic remedies that help you get relief from nausea and vomiting.
A herbal Formula: The following herbal formula can stop Nausea and Vomiting instantly:
- Half tsp of powdered rose petals
- Half tsp of sandalwood powder
- Half tsp of rock candy powder and
- 10 drops of lime extract
- Mix this in a glass of room
- temperature water and drink it
- Liver Detoxification: There is a high chance that your vomiting and nausea are caused by the excess toxins in the liver. So detoxification of the liver is an important step. In order to do that, we need to make the following formula.
Take quarter a tsp of kutki, quarter tsp of shatavari, a pinch of shankha bhasma, and a pinch of kama dudha. Daily taking this mixture three times with water will detoxify the liver and will give relief.
Curative Ayurvedic Herbs:
Preventative Ayurvedic Herbs:
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.