What is Nausea and Vomiting?
What are the Symptoms of Nausea and Vomiting?
What are the Causes of Nausea and Vomiting?
- The causes of Nausea and Vomiting are widespread. They can be caused by some medical conditions or some treatment and medications.
- Health conditions like pregnancy, Gastroparesis, Migraine, Food poisoning, etc. are very common causes of these conditions.
- Nausea and Vomiting can also be caused by depression, anxiety, fatigue, and dizziness.
- A brain tumor is again another major cause of nausea and vomiting. You may also experience Nausea and Vomiting in case you are having a heart attack.
- Other than these, there are many more causes like food allergy, alcohol use disorders, intestinal obstructions, etc.
When to see a Doctor?
Lifestyle Prevention of Nausea and Vomiting
- Preventing nausea and vomiting is possible if it is caused by less severe conditions, such as morning sickness, gas, headaches, etc.
- In case you are feeling nauseous, drinking anything cold gives you a great relief. If you drink soft drinks or sparkle water that will help immediately.
- Fasting is also a very effective measure which may enable your digestive system to rest. Not eating for a whole day will help you heal. Even if you can’t fast, try to eat less and bland.
- Generally you should never do any activity right after eating. Any activity may trigger nausea.
- In case you have been suffering from these conditions for more than two days, it is advisable to avoid taking any fried or greasy food.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Nausea and Vomiting
- Half tsp of powdered rose petals
- Half tsp of sandalwood powder
- Half tsp of rock candy powder and
- 10 drops of lime extract
- Mix this in a glass of room
- temperature water and drink it
- Liver Detoxification: There is a high chance that your vomiting and nausea are caused by the excess toxins in the liver. So detoxification of the liver is an important step. In order to do that, we need to make the following formula.