What is Heartburn and Acid Stomach?
What are the Symptoms of Heartburn and Acid Stomach?
What are the Causes of Heartburn and Acid Stomach?
When to see a Doctor?
- In most cases, heartburn can be treated at home with simple remedies, and doctor intervention is not needed. But there are some instances when you may need to see a doctor to avoid more severe health conditions.
- In case you experience heartburn more frequently, then you need to visit a doctor. Heartburn which occurs more than twice a week may be a cause for concern.
- If your discomfort is not going away even after taking over-the-counter medications. You need to see a doctor immediately.
- Sometimes you may experience heartburn with difficulty in swallowing. This might be a more severe condition than just heartburn. In this case, also seek medical intervention.
- Vomiting and nausea are also a cause of worry. So you should not delay in seeing a physician.
Lifestyle Prevention of Heartburn and Acid Stomach
- Preventing heartburn is possible if it is not caused by any underlying diseases. By following some simple steps, one can get rid of heartburn.
- Diet plays a very important role in preventing heartburn. So, avoiding spicy food, fragmented food, and opting for a clean and healthy diet will help. However, citrus fruits are also not to be taken if you experience heartburn frequently. Sometimes overeating may cause heartburn. So, avoid that. Do not consume alcohol if you have heartburn problems. Also, avoid caffeinated beverages if possible. Daily workout is recommended to deal with any disease including heartburn.