This recipe is especially enjoyed in the cooler months however you can modify it as per season by adding seasonal greens. Try to add as many leafy greens as you can find at your markets to enhance the texture and flavor of this recipe.
Good for Pitta and Kapha Dosha
For Vata dosha add liberal amounts of Ginger and Garlic
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serves: 2 Persons
- 1 cup fresh green peas
- 1 T ghee
- ½ T grated ginger
- ½ T grated garlic
- ¼ cup chopped shallots
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp each of coriander powder, cumin powder, and paprika powder
- Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)
- Freshly crushed black pepper for seasoning.
- 1 T fresh cream (optional)
- ½ T chopped basil leaves
- Heat Ghee in a soup pot
- Add shallots, ginger, garlic, and powdered spices. Saute well
- Add green peas and saute well till they turn mushy.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool for 5 mins. Blend the mixture in a power blender
- Add the blended mixture back into the soup pot
- Stir in the broth and allow it to simmer for 10 minutes, still, it reaches desired consistency
- Add salt and pepper, mix well.
- Stir in the fresh cream, basil leaves, and turn off the flame. Serve hot
You can add toppings like Pumpkin seeds, croutons, etc to add a crunchy texture.