This pancake recipe is completely vegetarian and full of complex carbohydrates. It is filling, digestive and nourishing. It can aid in weight loss if taken in moderate quantities. You can add your own variation of vegetables.
There is no specific data on the effect of this recipe on the doshas.
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Total Time: 30 Mins
Serves: 2 person
- 1 cup green gram flour (moong dal flour)
- 2 cups semolina (cream of wheat)
- Buttermilk to make the batter in flowy consistency
- 1 cup chopped vegetables of your choice (carrots, peas, french beans, onion etc)
- 1 tsp of chopped garlic
- 1 tsp of grated ginger
- ½ tsp of finely chopped green chilli
- ½ tsp chopped cilantro
- Clarified butter (Ghee) or regular butter for greasing the pan
- Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan Salt)
- Mix all the ingredients together (except ghee) and make the batter in to a pouring consistency.
- Let the batter sit for 20 to 25 mins
- Heat the pan and brush it with ghee
- Pour the batter spread it in circular fashion. Adjust the thickness to your liking
- Let it cook. Flip and cook on both sides
- Serve instantly.
Serve hot with chutney or butter.