Payasam is a very popular sweet dish in India. It is a type of pudding made with milk/coconut milk, sugar/jaggery, and rice. In this recipe, poppy seeds are also used along with rice for a more creamy texture.
Good for Vata and Pitta Dosha
Prep Time: 5 Min
Total Time: 25 Min
Serves: 4 Person
- Dry roast poppy seeds and rice over medium flame until the color is slightly changed.
- Keep it aside for some time to let cool and grind them together.
- Then add grated coconut and cardamom and grind them into a smooth paste. (Add water as required)
- Transfer the ground paste into the pan and add milk, jaggery, and remaining water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Garnish with hot toasted cashew nuts and raisins with ghee.
You can serve it hot or cold