Payasam is a very popular sweet dish in India. It is a type of pudding made with milk/coconut milk, sugar/jaggery, and rice. In this recipe, poppy seeds are also used along with rice for a more creamy texture.
Good for Vata and Pitta Dosha
Prep Time: 5 Min
Total Time: 25 Min
Serves: 4 Person
- 3 tbsp gasagase or poppy seeds
- 2 tsp rice
- 1/2 cup jaggery
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1-2 cardamom
- Dry roast poppy seeds and rice over medium flame until the color is slightly changed.
- Keep it aside for some time to let cool and grind them together.
- Then add grated coconut and cardamom and grind them into a smooth paste. (Add water as required)
- Transfer the ground paste into the pan and add milk, jaggery, and remaining water.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and let it simmer until it thickens. Stir occasionally.
- Garnish with hot toasted cashew nuts and raisins with ghee.
You can serve it hot or cold
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.