What is Eyes-Ayurvedic Care?
The time tested science of Ayurveda is an important way of medication and health care that predominantly intends at the inhibition of illness and encourages positive well-being. Thorough eye treatment is defined under “Shalakya Tantra”, one of the eight parts of Ayurveda. It additionally recommends several safe, useful, and easy procedures for retaining ophthalmic health. Though these methodologies are primitive, they are feasible and can still be easily exercised in our everyday lives to prevent lifestyle-related eye illnesses.
What are the Symptoms of Eyes Problems?
There can be numerous symptoms of eye-problems, such as red eyes, headaches, dry eyes, blurry vision, inflammation, light sensitivity, night blindness, loss of sight etc.
What are the Causes of Eyes Problems?
The primary triggers of blindness and low eyesight are age-related eye disorders such as age-related macular deterioration, cataract, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma. Other familiar eye ailments involve amblyopia and strabismus. However, there are instances when some injury to the eye or some chemical irritants may cause eye problems. Vitamin deficiency is also one of the common causes of eye problems.
When to see a Doctor?
The eye is one of the most important organs of your body and any complications to the eyes need to be examined. In case you have difficulty seeing at night or while performing any activities, you need to visit an eye specialist. If you have blurred vision or difficulty focusing on objects, you may need to get your eyes checked soon. Too much dry eye or tons of tears can be a sign of eye condition and need to be tested. Any eye pain or frequent headaches should not be avoided.
Regular screening: Most eye care specialists suggest that you have a thorough eye assessment every one to two years, varying on your age, risk aspects, and whether you presently wear spectacles or contact lenses. Kids need routine eye tests to identify vision complications that may affect education.
Lifestyle Prevention of Eyes Problems
- Examining your eyes every year is very important to avoid any eye problems.
- Stop smoking and try to maintain a healthy diet and regular exercise routine.
- Wear eye protection whenever performing any activities that might harm your vision.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Eyes Problems
- Fennel: Fennel is known as the “Herb For Eyes” for a reason. This herb is enriched with antioxidant properties which are great for maintaining healthy eyes. Grind a cup of fennel, Almon and Sugar to make a powder and add one tsp this powder in a glass of milk and drink it before going to the bed. It will surely help you to get great eyesight.
- Amla: This fruit is supplemented with antioxidants and other strong nutrients which can enhance your vision. Vitamin C in amla increases the performance of retinal cells and stimulates stronger capillaries. Drink a few spoonfuls of Amla juice with a glass of water every day in the morning and evening and see the difference.
- Triphala: Triphala is also very effective for improving eyesights. Mix 2-3 teaspoons of triphala juice with a glass of water and drink once or twice a day.