What is Appetite Low?
Low appetite is a condition when someone has a diminished desire to eat. It is medically known as anorexia. Most used words for this condition are loss of appetite or poor appetite. The causes may vary from person to person but mostly caused by low digestive fire due to slow metabolism. Someone with this condition may experience malnutrition and loss of weight.
What are the Symptoms of Appetite Low?
- Stomach pains
- Feeling full quickly
- Yellowing of the skin or eyes
- Blood in their stools
What are the Causes of Appetite Low?
The causes of Low appetite can be physical or psychological. People who are depressed or sad may experience loss of appetite. Also, some of the mental disorders can be the cause of this condition. Disorders such as anorexia nervosa may decrease your desire to eat. Also stress and boredom can trigger this condition as well.
- An upper respiratory infection
- Skin infection
When to see a Doctor?
Lifestyle Changes to Prevent Appetite Low
- To deal with any medical condition, one should opt for a healthy diet. A high protein meal is very much advised to get important multi nutrients and energy. Also try to take high calorie food that helps in dealing with a number of physical conditions including low appetite.
- Avoiding cold drinks may lead to a good digestive system and will have a good long term effect on health.
- Working out is always advised to deal with any situation so this is no exception that following a regular work-out routine can help you increase appetite.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.