Ayurvedic principles can be found in many dishes around the world, eg Japan has a culinary tradition that is perfect for pitta dosha. This refreshingly simple and nourishing bowl recipe is a perfect embodiment of that tradition.
Good for Pitta Dosha.
For Kapha, red pepper flakes
For Vata, add pickled ginger
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 30 to 60 Minutes
Serves: Make 2 Persons
- 1/2 cup crumbled/cubed fresh tofu (soaked in soy sauce)
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- ¼ cup edamame beans
- ¼ cup boiled corn
- ½ T black sesame seeds
- ½ chopped avocado
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 1 t vinegar
- 1 t sugar
- Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan Salt)
- 1/4 t freshly ground black pepper
- Bean sprouts (optional)
- Mix the rice with vinegar, salt, and sugar and add it to a serving bowl.
- Arrange the bowl with tofu, edamame beans, corn, avocado, and carrots.
- Sprinkle black sesame seeds and black pepper.
- Add bean sprouts. Serve cold.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.