This noodle soup is augmented with the goodness of herbs and vegetables such as Cilantro, Snow peas, Almonds, Ghee, and a Blend of Ayurvedic spices, making it a great healthy food option. This noodle soup can be a good lunch or dinner option.
Good For Pitta Dosha
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Serves: 2 Persons
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- ¼ cup chopped spring onions
- ½ cup tofu, cubed in bite-sized pieces
- ¼ cup edamame beans
- ¼ cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 stalk of lemongrass
- ½ T grated ginger or Galangal
- ¼ cup thick homemade coconut milk
- ½ t Paprika powder
- ¼ t Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)
- 1 cup Everyday Use Vegetable broth
- 1 T chopped of cilantro
- ½ T olive oil or peanut oil
- ½ cup cooked rice noodles
- Few drops of lemon juice
- Heat the oil in the pan and add ginger/galangal. Saute for a minutes
- Bruise the stalks of lemongrass and add it to the pan along with carrots, spring onions, edamame and tofu. Saute for 3 to 4 mins until it turns aromatic
- Add sliced cherry tomatoes, turmeric powder, and paprika powder. Mix well
- Add vegetable broth and allow it to simmer for 5 to 10 mins
- Stir in the Coconut milk and Rice noodles. Allow simmering for 2 minutes
- Serve in a bowl, add a squeeze of lemon and garnish with Cilantro.
You can add your choice of seasonal vegetables.
Garnish with peanuts or sesame seeds.