This colorful salad is a great recipe to enjoy in the spring season. The fresh produce in this recipe adds a refreshing crunch while contrasting perfectly with hot and sweet dressing.
For Pitta Dosha avoid peanuts
For Vata and Kapha, use lightly steamed vegetables for salad
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 15 Minutes
Serves: 4 Persons
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ cup shredded green cabbage
- ½ cup chopped spring onions
- ½ cup grated carrots
- ½ cup bite-sized pieces of mango (not too ripe)
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup of roughly chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 T chopped roasted peanuts
- 1 T sesame oil
- 1 T lime juice
- 1 T peanut butter
- 1 T light soy sauce
- Salt and Pepper for Seasoning
- Finely chopped Thai red chili (optional)
- For salad dressing, whisk sesame oil, lime juice, peanut butter, thai red chili, and soy sauce.
- In a large bowl, mix the vegetables and toss them with the dressing. Top it off with peanuts.
- Serve fresh