This mango and cabbage salad integrates tex-mex cuisine with Indian ayurvedic herbs and spices. The sweet and sour taste compliments each other with the spices adding an extra punch to it.
Ideal for Pitta Dosha.
For Kapha Dosha: Add extra black pepper and reduce the amount of Avocado.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 person (400ml)
- 2 cups of your favorite variety of lettuce, chopped (Romaine works best as it adds to the crunch)
- 1 cup of Arugula
- ¼ cup of Caramelized onion
- ½ cup of sliced mango
- Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)
- 1 big avocado
- ½ cup plain yogurt (preferably full fat)
- ½ t garlic powder
- ½ t cumin powder
- ½ t ginger powder
- 1 t honey
- 1 T chopped cilantro
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 Jalapeno
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For salad dressing, Blend yogurt, avocado, lemon juice, honey, garlic powder, ginger powder, cumin powder, jalapeno, salt, and olive oil into a smooth paste.
- In a mixing bowl, add lettuce, arugula, caramelized onions, mango, and cilantro.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and drizzle the dressing on the salad.
- Mix together and serve.
Mix and serve fresh.
Nuts and dried fruits can be added based on your dosha.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.