These sweet, warm, grounding, and nutritious Sweet Potato fries are a delight for everyone, especially kids. These are sattvic and ideal for all doshas, even Kapha when you double the spices. You can use any favorite spice blend like curry powder, ground chipotle, or cinnamon.
Good for Vata and Pitta dosha.
For Kapha, double the dose of spices
Prep Time: 5 Mins, plus 1 hour to soak
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 Persons
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into ¼ inch thick fries
- 1 T of coconut or peanut oil
- 1 T of your favorite spice or spice blend
- 2 T of rice flour
- Salt to taste
- Soak the sweet potato fries in cold water for 1 hour. Strain and dry thoroughly using a kitchen towel.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place the rack in the center.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil. Stir in the spice blend and remove from heat.
- Toss the yam fries with rice flour in a zip lock back.
- Pour the spicy oil too and toss again to mix everything.
- Put fries on a lined baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Flip and bake for another 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and let the fries sit for 10 minutes with the door open.
- Toss the fries with salt and enjoy them warm.
Make sure the fries don’t touch each other while placing them on the baking sheet.
You can serve it with Cucumber Raita dip or ketchup
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.