What is Stomach ache?
What are the Symptoms of Stomach ache?
What are the Causes of Stomach ache?
- Trapped wind is one of the major causes of stomach aches. If there is an accumulation of gas due to indigestion it may cause the wind to trap inside the stomach and can cause stomach ache.
- Constipation and diarrhea are the two major causes of stomach aches. In case you have severe food poisoning, you may suffer from stomachache.
- There are a number of medical conditions that trigger stomach aches, such as diabetic ketoacidosis, Kidney stones, Gallstones, stomach flu, appendicitis, pancreatitis, etc.
When to see a Doctor?
- In most cases, seeing a doctor is not necessary if caused by general events. Some of the great home remedies and over-the-counter medicines can heal the condition. However, there can be some severe medical conditions that cause stomach aches and need immediate medical attention.
- In case you are suffering from acute pain in your stomach which is unbearable, you need to visit a doctor. If you notice blood in your stool and you have a stomach ache, never delay.
- In case your pain is accompanied by vomiting, it may be more serious and need a doctor’s intervention.
- In case, your pain persists and spreads into other parts of your body, then it is important to get it checked by a physician.
Lifestyle Prevention of Stomach ache
- You should always avoid overeating.
- Add fruits and vegetables to your diet as much as possible.
- Never take your dinner right before bedtime.
- Cleaning your hands properly before eating is important to avoid food poisoning and other stomach infections.
- Sleep at least for 7 to 8 hours.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Stomach ache
- Cumin: Cumin is very good in treating digestive disorders. Take one-third tsp of powdered cumin and a pinch of asafetida and little roc salt and chew gently. This is a great home remedy to help you digest your food properly.
- Ajwain: This is a great herb to cure stomachache. Mix half tsp of Ajwain with a quarter tsp of baking soda and chew this mixture gently and drink it down with warm water.
- Black Pepper: Black pepper can give you instant relief from indigestion. Take half a tsp of black pepper and mix it with a quarter cup of onion juice and a half tsp of honey and drink this juice. It will be a great healer for indigestion.