Spinach paneer is a North Indian curry made with Indian cottage cheese mixed in rich and creamy spinach sauce. It has a mild and comforting taste and is sure to be an all-time favorite for everyone.
Good for Vata, Pitta Dosha.
For Kapha, replace the paneer with tofu or omit it altogether.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 2 person
- Boil milk in a medium pot and add half a lemon juice to separate the milk solids.
- Remove from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes until it is fully separated.
- Line a strainer with a cheesecloth and pour the milk through it.
- Squeeze to remove all the liquid, press the solids to flatten, and let it sit for some time under pressure.
- In a saucepan, melt ghee, stir in the spices and saute for a minute.
- Add spinach and let it cook for 3-5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Once the Spinach is mushy, blend it in to a fine paste and add it back to the pot.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add fresh cream. Cover and let it simmer for 2-4 minutes.
- Add cubed or crumbled paneer and cook for 1 more minute.
- Turn off the flame, add remaining lemon juice and serve.