What is Sore breasts?
Sore breast is generally a symptom of hormone imbalance or premenstrual syndrome. Clogged lymphatic systems can also lead to sore breasts. Sometimes, this can also be associated with some emotional factor such as grief or sadness.
What are the Symptoms of Sore breasts?
Typical: Breast swelling, fullness or lumpiness, burning, aching or stabbing sensation
Might Experience: Extramammary breast pain
What are the Causes of Sore breasts?
- Common in people with large breast size
- Breast surgery and scar formation
- Fatty acid imbalance can affect sensitivity of breast tissue
- Infertility treatment and oral contraceptive pills
- Excessive caffeine use
When to see a Doctor?
See you doctor in case of breast pain that persists daily for more than a couple of weeks or if the pain is getting worse or awakens you from sleep
Lifestyle Changes to Prevent Sore breasts
- Avoid hormone therapy
- Stay cautious with medications
- Avoid uncomfortable or unfitted bra
- Try relaxation therapy to reduce stress
- Limit or eliminate caffeine intake
- Avoid excessive lifting activities
- Try to follow a low-fat diet
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Sore breasts
Gentle Massage: Take 1 teaspoon of warm castor oil, and gently massage the breast from inside outward, both underneath and around the nipple, and to the side.
Herbs for water retention: To reduce the swelling, make the following herbal mixture:
- punarnava 1 part
- shatavari 1 part
- musta 1 part
- Use ½ teaspoon of this mix in 1 cup hot water to make a tea and drink this twice a day.
Another Herbal remedy: o reduce the swelling, make the following herbal mixture:
- jatamansi 2 parts
- shatavari 3 parts
- tagar 3 parts
- Mix the herbs together, and use ½ teaspoon in a cup of hot water to make a tea. Soak for 5 to 10 minutes,and drink.
Curative Ayurvedic Herbs:
Preventative Ayurvedic Herbs:
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.