What is Smoking?
What are the Symptoms of Smoking?
- Addiction from smoking has many symptoms. Some of the symptoms are quite evident as they are visible.
- Heavy smokers have awful breath and staining teeth. You may also notice stains on their fingers which are caused by heavy use of nicotine. They also have cold hands and feet. After some point in time, they may suffer from loss of smell and taste. Even they have smelly clothes and hair. They always have little acceptance for exercise as most of the time they suffer from shortness of breath. Heavy smokers tend to have hypertension which causes them a rapid heart rate. One of the most common symptoms of being a heavy smoker is to suffer from a persistent sloppy cough that produces phlegm. That may lead to a hoarse voice.
What are the Causes of Smoking?
- Regardless of the occurrence of smoking, the circumstances that start a person to begin smoking are hard to know. In several instances, smoking is started at a young age because of peer pressure, tobacco marketing, or the notion that smoking is appropriate to conduct. Lots of people who begin smoking have a family member or close friend who smokes.
- Once begun, cigarette smoking is hard to break. It is an eminent reality that smoking is conduct that can turn into addiction because of the presence of nicotine and other chemicals produced from smoking. Like several other addictive ingredients, these chemicals generate a sequence of biochemical responses and enjoyable feelings to which you can instantly become familiar. Frequent tobacco consumers ultimately develop a need to go through these feelings to feel normal, which makes stopping a tough task.
- There can be other factors that may trigger smoking as well. Aggression may lead to smoking. That’s a behavioral disorder which triggers smoking in young adults. In case there are smokers in the family and they are unable to educate the teenage smokers past high school, that may also cause smoking. Some People may start smoking due to low self-confidence which makes them stressed out. Low self -confidence is generally caused by poor financial or social status and most commonly by poor academic performance.
When to see a Doctor?
Lifestyle Prevention of Smoking
- Preventing smoking is possible through some lifestyle changes. Follow some preventive measures to keep yourself fit and active. Quitting smoking is important but gradually quitting is advised rather than suddenly stopping it. Let us understand the preventive measures of smoking addiction.
- Whenever you have a desire to smoke, chew one of two small pieces of dried pineapple. Keep some pieces of dried pineapple, mix it with honey and chew it. This is going to help you reduce the desire to smoke instantly.
- Dealing with stress is important as smoking is majorly caused by stress. So Meditation is important to reduce stress. Stress reduction is directly linked with smoking reduction.
- Try some yoga. Yoga will help your body to heal from within. Smoking is causing a lot of damage to your health and by doing yoga you can minimize the effect of those conditions. Postures like moon saluting, locust pose, bow, plow, etc. are very effective.
- Some breathing exercises will help your lungs to heal. Try pranayama. Pranayama is one of the most effective breathing exercises that will help your heart and lungs to regain power and function properly.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Smoking
- 1 quart water
- ⅛ pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ handful minced ginger root
- 2 tablespoons Sucanat or other sweetener
- ⅛ to ½ teaspoon rock salt