Good for Vata Dosha
For Pitta, substitute pistachios with pumpkin seeds.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 6 to 8 Discs
- Soak the dates overnight in water.
- In the morning, drain the water and blend the soaked dates in the blender to a thick paste
- In a pan, heat ghee. Add cardamom powder, poppy seeds and pistachios. Saute till fragrant.
- Add the date pulp and mix well.
- Keep stirring it reaches a thick consistency
- Add orange zest and mix well
- Take out the mixture on a ghee greased surface and roll in to a elongated shape (like sushi)
- Refrigerated this roll for 2 hours
- Take out of the refrigerator, cut into discs and serve.