Pathimukham Scientific Name
Pathimukham Other Names
Hindi: Patang, Patrang, Bakam
Sanskrit: Raktasar, Ranjana, Rogakashtha, Suranga, Surangada
What is Pathimukham?
Common forms of Pathimukham
Pathimukham is commonly used for:
- Healing chronic wounds
- Cooling fevers
- Improving kidney functions
- Relieving itches, urticaria, and rashes
- Decreasing jaundice and bile disorders
- Decreasing herpes
- Aiding thirst and urinary disorders due to diabetes
- Giving relief from diarrhea
- Fighting bacteria
- Reducing inflammation
- Purifying agent
- Stimulating and increasing menstrual flow
- Preventing liver damage
- Maintaining female reproductive health
Wood Powder: 2g to 4g
Pathimukham Side-effects and Warnings
Not so common side-effects: Not known.
Pregnant or Nursing Mothers: It should not be used during pregnancy. In South Korea, Pathimukham is used for causing abortion.
Children: Not known.
It must not be taken in excess because wood decoction is considered a powerful emmenagogue (an agent that promotes menstrual discharge).