What is Osteoporosis?
What are the Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
- There are some typical symptoms of this condition. However, there are no such symptoms or signs in the early stages of bone loss. It may develop gradually with time.
- A person with Osteoporosis may develop back pain. This is mostly caused by fractured or crumpled vertebra.
- You also may notice a loss of height over time and may develop a crouched posture.
- Shortness of breath due to reduced lung function as a result of dense disks.
What are the Causes of Osteoporosis?
- There are some obvious causes of Osteoporosis. However, the major cause of this condition is the lack of calcium. A constant shortage of calcium plays a role in the progress of Osteoporosis.
- Additionally, Osteoporosis may be triggered by some medical ailments, for instance, hyperthyroidism. Medications such as prednisone or cortisone can cause this condition.
- Age is also a major factor in developing Osteoporosis. People in their 30s began to break down bone faster than it’s able to replace. This process may make the bones less impenetrable and fragile.
- In women of age 45 to 55, menopause plays an important role in developing Osteoporosis. This is because of the change in hormone levels and hormone imbalance is one of the major causes of this condition.
- Some other factors which cause Osteoporosis are poor nutrition, smoking, low body fat, small-bones frame, etc. Also if you have a family history of osteoporosis, you are at risk.
When to see a Doctor?
Lifestyle Prevention of Osteoporosis
- Your diet and lifestyle are two significant risk considerations you can manage to prevent osteoporosis. Substituting lost estrogen with hormone treatment also gives solid protection against osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
- Good nourishment and frequent workout are important for keeping your bones strong all over your life. To keep robust, nutritious bones, you should have a diet that is rich in calcium throughout your life. Getting an adequate amount of vitamin D is also very crucial. You should also avoid taking harmful ingredients. Do not have extreme quantities of caffeine.