The taste of this light is light and creamy, which makes it a perfect taste of Summer. Indeed use ripe mangos for the juicy and syrupy texture that wonderfully balances out the slight crunchiness of the coconut pieces. This recipe uses dates instead of powdered sugar, making it a great healthy dessert option.
Good for Vata and Pitta Dosha.
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serves: 4 Persons
- 1 and ½ cup Mango pulp
- 1 cup thick homemade coconut milk
- Thin coconut milk as needed for consistency
- ½ cup finely diced tender coconut
- ¾ cup Dates (deseeded, soaked overnight, and drained)
- ½ whipping cream
- ¼ t cardamom powder
- Few strands of Saffron (optional)
- In a powder blender, mix mango puree with dates and blend into a fine paste
- In a hard-bottom pan, heat the thick coconut milk and allow it to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add tender coconut pieces and add the mango mixture and mix well
- Place the pan in an ice bath and stir the mixture continuously till it reaches a smooth flowy consistency. You can dd the thin coconut milk to adjust the consistency
- Add cardamom powder and saffron strands
- Add whipping cream and whip the mixture till it reaches a dollop consistency
- Remove the mixture in an ice cream container and freeze for 6 to 8 hours
- Scoop out a portion and serve.
Serve with fresh berries or bananas, or enjoy as an afternoon snack fresh mint. You can add honey or maple syrup if you like extra sweetness.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.