What is Neuralgia?
Neuralgia is a health condition which occurs when you experience stabbing, burning sensation with severe pain due to inflamed or injured nerve. This condition can impact any part of your body. This is more of a symptom than an illness. It is one of the symptoms of injury or certain disorders.
What are the Symptoms of Neuralgia?
There are numerous signs and symptoms of Neuralgia. Some of the typical symptoms are as follows.
- Localized pain in the affected area is very common in this condition.
- The affected area may be unbearably vulnerable to touch, and any stress is felt as pain which may be intense or burning, depending on the impacted nerve.
- Even though the affected area is working, you may experience bad muscle cramps, which may lead to muscle weakness and gradually result in loss of muscle mass.
- Unexpected incidents of severe shooting or stabbing pain that follows the path of an injured or irritated nerve.
- You may also experience constant pain or a burning feeling with tingling and numbness.
What are the Causes of Neuralgia?
- There are many causes of this condition. But mostly it can be caused by the following factors.
- Infection is the most common cause of this condition.
- People with Multiple Sclerosis have a higher chance to develop Neuralgia.
- Pressure or stress on any nerve, such as bone, ligament, blood vessels, tumor can trigger Neuralgia.
- People with diabetes have a higher tendency to get this condition.
- Very rarely a chronic kidney disease can cause Neuralgia as well.
When to see a Doctor?
If you go through facial pain, especially sustained or recurrent pain or pain unmitigated by non-prescription painkillers, make sure to visit your doctor.
Lifestyle Prevention of Neuralgia
- Preventing Neuralgia is not always possible. However, there are few preventive measures which may help you in avoiding this condition.
- Eating healthy and clean is very important. Do not forget to take all the essential multi-nutrients.
- Working out daily is always a great practice to keep yourself fit. But be careful and try to do it with proper guidance and control. Do not forget to have enough and effective sleep. Determining a regular sleep calendar is important in achieving that. Managing stress is important, so try to do it efficiently. Positive mindset is very important in dealing with any condition. So be positive.
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Neuralgia
Ayurveda can help in treating the symptoms of Neuralgia, especially the pain. Here are some great remedies for Neuralgia:
- Chamomile Tea: Made from 3 g dried flowers in 1 cup of water, twice or thrice a day.
- Ginger Capsules: Ginger is a great natural pain reliever. So take 1-2 capsules twice a day.
- Holy basil: Holy basil has the capacity to significantly reduce sciatic nerve pain. 10 grams of holy basil leaf aqueous extract can be given 1 to 4 times per day in equal doses.
Curative Ayurvedic Herbs:
Preventative Ayurvedic Herbs:
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.