Good for Vata Dosha
Prep Time: 2 Hour
Total Time: 2 Hour 30 Minutes
Serves: 4-5 Person(approx)
- Soak urad dal for 2 hours and grind it with ginger into a smooth batter.
- Add very little water while grinding and transfer the batter into a big bowl.
- Add salt, green chilies and chopped coriander and mix well.
- Cover and let the batter rest.
- Preheat the oil for deep frying the vadais.
- Dip your fingers in water and take a small portion of batter.
- Make a ball and flatten it to make a doughnut shape.
- Poke a hole in center of vada and gently drop it into the oil
- Add 3-4 vada at a time depending on the size of your pan.
- Flip the vadais once they are light brown and let it cook from the other side too.
- Remove and enjoy with coconut chutney or sambar.
- If you add too much water to the dough, the vadais will suck a lot of oil while frying.
- Medu vada maker can be used to make the shapes for the traditional vadais.
- It is important to allow the dough to rest to allow the batter to become soft and fluffy.
- To check the heat of the oil before frying, drop a bit of dough into the oil; if it turns brown, the oil is ready for frying.