Karpur Scientific Name
Karpur Other Names
Hindi: Karpur, Karpuram
Chinese: Xiang-Zhang, Zhang-Shu
French: Camphrier, Camphre, Baume Anglais
Italian: Canfora, Confora
Spanish: Alcanfor, Alcanforero
What is Karpur?
Common forms of Karpur
Karpur is commonly used for:
- Treating cough and congestion
- Treating indigestion
- Managing obesity and promoting weight loss
- Reducing burning sensation of eyes and skin
- Reducing thirst and dryness of mouth
- Stimulating healthy pancreatic function that indirectly helps in managing diabetes
Oil: 5-10 drops
Granules: As prescribed by the doctor
Karpur Side-effects and Warnings
Not so common side-effects: Not known.
Pregnant and Nursing Mothers: Avoid.
Children: Not known.
Oral consumption can damage the liver or cause epilepsy and Parkinson’s disease.