Fenugreek is well-known for its high nutritional value. This sprouted fenugreek stir fry isn’t bitter at all and goes well with rice and chapati. Furthermore, it can be served as a nutritious salad.
Fenugreek is beneficial to cardiac health because it reduces cholesterol absorption, regulates triglycerides, and lowers blood pressure.
Balances Kapha and Vata Dosha
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 4 Persons
- 3 cups sprouted fenugreek
- 6 dates (optional)
- 10 Raisins (optional)
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Salt to taste.
- Chili powder/chopped chilies – to taste
- Raw mango slices or mango powder
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 Tbsp grated coconut (optional).
- Wash and rinse the fenugreek sprouts, then drain the water.
- In a pan, heat the oil, add the tempering ingredients, and then add the chopped green chilies and raisins.
- Sauté the sliced dates, turmeric, sprouts, and salt over medium heat.
- If necessary, add 1/2 cup water to the mixture.
- When the seed has softened slightly, add the 1/2 tbsp mango powder and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to remove the excess moisture.
- Garnish with grated coconut and chopped coriander.
If the dates are too dry, de-seed, slice and soak them in the water for a few hours.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.