This warm, light, and nutritious breakfast soup can be enjoyed with a bowl of amaranth or rice.
You can also add seasonal vegetables of your choice to it and top it with toasted sesame seeds for crunch.
Good for All dosha.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 2 person (400ml)
- 2 Carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 Spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 stalk of lemongrass
- ½ cup of mix vegetables
- 3 cups Basic Broth
- 1 Small handful dulse (or any other sea vegetable of your choice)
- 1/2 t black pepper powder
- Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)
- In a large pot, add carrots, onions, mix vegetables, broth, and dulse and bring it to boil over high flame.
- Bruise the lemongrass stalk and add it to the boiling pot.
- Cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes over medium-low flame.
- Add Salt and Black Pepper and mix well.
- Serve it hot with rice or amaranth
When digestion is low or in winters, whisk a spoonful of miso paste in a small bowl of warm broth and add it into the soup after removing it from the stove.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.