What is Catarrh?
Catarrh is a medical condition in which excess mucus is produced in the nose, throat, or sinuses especially when a person has an infection.
What are the Symptoms of Catarrh?
- Sore throat
- Blocked or congested nasal passages
- Experience pain in head or face
- Reduced taste or smell
- Sleeping difficulty
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Feeling a lump in the throat
- Hoarse voice
- Congestion in throat
What are the Causes of Catarrh?
- Weather changes
- Irritating foods
- Allergic or nonallergic rhinitis
- Colds and Viruses
- Sinus infection
- Nasal blockage or growth
- Gastroesophageal reflux (GER)
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Hormonal changes during pregnancy
- Some medications
When to see a Doctor?
- Visit a doctor if you experience catarrh that last for a month or more.
- If catarrh is accompanied by fever, wheezing, shortness of breath, odorous mucus, or blood, please see a physician..
Lifestyle Changes to Prevent Catarrh
- Use humidifier
- Avoid triggers (If it is associated with allergies or irritants)
- Wash hands frequently
- Avoid contact with a sick person
- Clean your living space often
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Catarrh
Curative Ayurvedic Herbs:
Preventative Ayurvedic Herbs:
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.