What is Bites and Stings?
Bites and Stings is a condition that occurs when someone is bitten or got stung from a venomous insect. When any venomous insect bite it can irritate pitta under the skin. This condition can form sporadic hypersensitive reactions or may even produce sting-bite nephritis, a severe condition including generalized swelling and breathing difficulty which may lead to choking.
What are the Symptoms of Bites and Stings?
- Redness or rash
- Pain in skin or muscles
- Itching skin
- Heat rash near infected area
- Area may become tender and experience tingling and numb sensation
Might Experience: If you experience any of the symptoms below, Please seek immediate medical attention:
- Elevated body temperature
- Hard time breathing
- Become nauseous or throw up
- Allergic reaction in lips, tongue or throat
- Victim passes out.
What are the Causes of Bites and Stings?
This condition is only caused by venomous insects. When they inject venom into your skin you experience several difficulties like excessive itching or pain. It can cause fever and other allergic reactions as well.
When to see a Doctor?
Mostly this condition can be treated at home with non-prescription medications, but you need to see a doctor if the condition is worsening, and the wound hasn’t healed even after several weeks. However, in case an insect bite is followed by feeling ill or having fever, then without any further delay you need to visit a doctor.
Lifestyle Changes to Prevent Bites and Stings
- Dress in hats and attire that provide complete coverage
- Wearing neutral colors and avoiding flowery designs
- Avoiding perfume and aromatic cream or lotion
- Covering up foods and drinks
- Using citronella candles or insect repellent
Common Ayurvedic Remedies for Bites and Stings
Curative Ayurvedic Herbs:
Preventative Ayurvedic Herbs:
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.