Occasionally the finest foods are the easiest. Just adding salt and ghee on a hot potato can bring heavenly goodness to the cold winter days. Usually, baked potatoes are made from starchy russet potatoes. Just by using sweet potatoes as a substitute for white potatoes to make it healthier and comforting. One traditional way to cook these sweet potatoes is just wrapping them in foil and throwing them in your campfire for 30 to 40 mins, depending on the size of the potato.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 50 Minutes
Serves: 2 Person
- 1 T ghee or grass-fed butter
- A pinch of salt
- Few sprigs of Rosemary
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 No. Sweet potatoes (washed, scrubbed, and pat-dried)
- ¼ cup plain whole fat yogurt (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- Prick the sweet potatoes with a fork, all over the skin.
- Drizzle the potatoes with ghee, and rub salt and pepper. Wrap them in foil.
- Cook the sweet potatoes for 45 minutes in the oven or till a table knife slides effortlessly through with the centers.
- Allow it to cool for a few minutes. Remove the foil.
- Cut lengthways, lather with more ghee, and flavor with salt and pepper. Add Rosemary leaves.
- Spoon over the yogurt into the center of every slice of sweet potato and serve.
For Vata, add garlic and onion powder
For Pitta, avoid yogurt.
For Kapha, serve up with Pesto.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.