This filling, simple, and nutritious black bean soup dish is comforting, filling, and nourishing. It’s vegan, gluten-free, fiber-rich, and made from pantry basics. This soup is ideal for busy weeknights or lunches.
Great for Pitta and Kapha doshas
Prep Time: 15 Min
Total Time: 45 Min
Serves: 4 Persons
- 3-4 cups of canned black beans
- 1 ½ Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- ¾ cup diced onions,
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Pinch black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 sliced lime (for garnish)
- 1 diced avocado (for garnish)
- Heat 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and add onions. Reduce heat to low, stir occasionally, and simmer for 4-6 minutes, or until soft.
- Add garlic Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until garlic is aromatic.
- Now add the black beans, cumin, salt, black pepper, and vegetable broth to the pot and mix well.
- Bring it to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Once done, you can blend the soup as needed. You add extra water or veggie broth if you prefer a thinner consistency.
- Serve with chopped avocado and a squeeze of lime as a garnish. And enjoy!
Serve with chips and salsa or any other Mexican-inspired starter with sour cream, lime, and cheese on the side.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.