Asparagus is a wonderful vegetable, especially during the early spring season. Fresh asparagus, when combined with mushrooms, turns out to be a great delicacy and can be used as a side with rice, meat or noodles.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 2 Person
- 1 bunch of asparagus spears
- 1 ½ cup halved portobello mushrooms
- 1 t minced garlic
- ½ T olive oil
- ½ T finely chopped shallots
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 t lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- Heat the olive oil in a wok or a cast iron pan
- Add garlic and shallots and saute well till fragrant.
- Add asparagus and toss. Mix well and allow to cook for 4 to 5 mins
- Add mushrooms and turn the heat up. Stir continuously till all the water from the mushrooms is evaporated and the asparagus is cooked
- Lower the flame, add salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Turn off the heat, add lemon zest and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
Enjoy as a side for a thanksgiving meal or as a bed for your salmon.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.