Amla helps boost immunity, metabolism and prevents infections. This Amla squash is a cooling summer drink packed with vitamin C and is an effective remedy for acid peptic disorders, constipation, anemia, and eye strain.
Good for all Doshas.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 60 Minutes
Serves: 3 litres
- Boil and deseed amla
- Let it cool and then make pulp by grinding
- In a large vessel, add sugar and water in equal quantity and heat it until the sugar dissolves completely ( Sugar syrup should be double or 2.5 times the quantity of Amla Pulp)
- Transfer the pulp in a big vessel, slowly add sugar syrup, and mix it well.
- Now take out a little bit of mixture in a small bowl and add roasted cumin powder, rock salt, black pepper, and black salt.
- Add this to the remaining mixture and store it in a glass jar.
- If you are storing it in the fridge then there is no need for preservatives otherwise add 0.75 g Potassium metabisulfite (K.M.S.)/per kg
Add 3 times or more water as per taste to the amla squash and serve