Panna or Panaka is a traditional health drink made with nutritional fruits or roots and gives instant energy. Amalaki or Amla Panaka is good for osteoarthritis, athero-scelrosis, anemia, peptic ulcer, urinary tract infection, dysentery and high blood pressure.
Good for all doshas. Especially good for calming pitta dosha.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Total Time: 50 to 60 Minutes
Serves: 6-7 Glasses
- 1 and ½ pounds Amalaki/Amla/Indian Gooseberry
- 2 pounds of palm sugar/date sugar/regular sugar
- 1 t dry ginger powder
- 1 t of cardamom powder
- Honey, if needed
- Steam cook the gooseberries and de seed them.
- Blend into a smooth paste and extract juice from the pulp.
- Add a bit more water to the pulp and extract the juice again.
- Make sugar syrup by boiling palm sugar/white sugar/jaggery in equal amount of water.
- Mix it with the extracted gooseberry juice, add dry ginger powder and cardamom powder.
- Stir well and panna/panaka is ready.
- Keep in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
Avoid if you have Diabetes mellitus as it contains sugar/jaggery/honey.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.