Akarkara (Aakarkaram) Scientific Name
Akarkara (Aakarkaram) Other Names
English: Pellitory, Mount Atlas, Daisy Spanish Chamomile
What is Akarkara (Aakarkaram)?
Common forms of Akarkara (Aakarkaram)
Akarkara (Aakarkaram) is commonly used for:
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Improving digestion
- Regulating the blood flow
- Maintaining hormonal balance in women
- Providing relief from pre-menstrual syndrome
- Improving the appetite
- Healing ulcers, bronchial irritation, and cough
- Increasing wound healing speed
- Strengthening muscles and bones
- Treating piles and fistula
Akarkara (Aakarkaram) Dosage
Capsule: 1-2 capsules once or twice a day or as prescribed.
Powder: Ranging from 125mg to 1g per day or as prescribed.
Akarkara (Aakarkaram) Side-effects and Warnings
Common side-effects: Not known.
Not so common side-effects: Not known.
Pregnant or Nursing Mothers: Not safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Children: Not known.
Seek care if having symptoms of gastric ulceration, acidity, and intestinal inflammation in any form. Higher doses over a long period of time should be managed by an Ayurvedic physician.