An excellent lunch option for vegans. Just add the Cucumber Raita over the bed of walnut rice and you are good to go. It’s also an excellent accompaniment for any Dal and is light and refreshing on a bed of creamy greens.
Good for Vata Dosha
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Serves: 2 Person
- 1 cup cooked Basmati Rice
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 1 t ghee
- 1 T raisins
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper for seasoning
- 1 Cup Cucumber Raita
- Heat the ghee in a pan. Add walnut and raisins and saute for 2 mins
- Stir in the rice. Crush the rosemary leaves and add to the rice. Mix well.
- Add Salt and pepper and mix well.
- Plate the rice. Spoon Cucumber Raita on top and serve.
This works very well with less common rice like red rice, black rice, or wild rice.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.