Turmeric is a widely used spice in Indian cooking, almost every Indian dish has turmeric in it giving it a yellow color. It has antimicrobial and antibacterial properties and is one of the most used ingredients in ayurvedic remedies.
Fresh turmeric roots look like ginger but inside can be red or yellow. Only yellow root is used for cooking and medicinal purposes.
Good for all doshas.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 15 to 30 Days
Serves: 4 Person
- Mix the shredded turmeric with the masalas/spice powders and salt
- Place the shredded turmeric in a clean glass jar
- In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds and hing.
- When the seeds pop, remove them and let them cool.
- Pour this over turmeric and mix well. Add apple cider vinegar and mix well.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight jar.
Eat in small quantities accompanied with meals. Avoid using we spoon for serving the pickle to prolong its shelf life
For pitta, use less hing and mustard seeds.
People with hypoglycemia should not consume it in large quantities.