Good for all doshas.
Prep Time: 5 Min
Total Time: 25 Min
- ⅓ cup sesame seeds (til)
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup heaped grated jaggery
- 3 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp oil
- Roast the sesame seeds on low flame until slightly golden and keep them aside.
- Dry roast peanuts until they become crunchy and let cool down.
- Now roast some desiccated coconut until golden brown and keep it aside.
- Mix roasted coconut, sesame seeds, coarsely crushed peanuts, and cardamom powder together.
- Add grated jaggery with water over low flame until it is fully dissolved.
- Let it cook until it turns into a softball when a small piece is added to water.
- Add the dry roasted mixture into the syrup and mix well.
- Apply some oil/ghee on your palm and make small balls while the mixture is hot.
- Store in an airtight container.
The rolling of til laddoos is an art. Also, since the laddoos have to be rolled when they are quite hot, consider wearing protective gloves to avoid getting burned.