Good for all doshas.
Prep Time: 5 Min
Total Time: 20 Min
- Dry roast the sesame seeds, make sure they don’t turn brown. Once done, keep it aside.
- Now add the jaggery to the water in a pan and heat it. After the jaggery has completely melted, turn off the heat. Strain the melted jaggery to remove any dirt or impurities.
- Add 1 tsp ghee & ¼ tbps cardamom powder to the melted jaggery mixture and reheat it till it thickens. Stir constantly so that the mixture does not burn.
- Once the mixture is evenly cooked, it will change color.
- Take a small portion from the jaggery mixture and put it in water. If it hardens, then the mixture is ready.
- Turn on the stove again and bring the mixture to boil, now; add the sesame seeds and turn off the heat.
- As jaggery sets quickly, start mixing the sesame seeds thoroughly.
- Place small amounts of the sesame and jaggery mixture on a greased plate or butter paper. You can make balls or spread it in square shape. Let it cool for some time.
- Store it in an airtight jar. And enjoy!
You can use jaggery of any color for this recipe.
Because the jaggery hardens quickly, use gloves to avoid burning your hands while making balls.