This is a simple recipe of yellow dal/lentils. Made from split dehusked green gram, this preparation is rich in proteins, easy-to-digest and especially good for vata dosha.
Good for all Doshas.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Serves: 2 person
- 1 cup split green gram
- 1T ghee
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 2 cloves
- ¼ tsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp asafoetida
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- 3 cups of vegetable broth
- 3 to 4 curry leaves
- 1 T chopped cilantro
- 1 dried red chilli
- Salt to taste
- Wash the dal and drain the water and set aside
- Heat ghee in the pan
- Add mustard seeds and cumin seeds and wait till they splutter. Add asafoetida and turmeric
- Add curry leaves and dried red chilli
- Add cloves and mix
- Add grated ginger and mix
- Add washed moong dal and mix
- Add the broth and let it boil
- Keeping stirring to avoid the dal sticking to the bottom of the pan
- Once the dal gets mushy, lower the flame and add salt, mix well and cover for 5 mins
- Turn off the flame and let it sit for 5 mins
- Garnish with cilantro. Serve hot
Serve hot with bread or plain rice.
You can add vegetables like beans, spinach and carrots to incorporate fiber
You can also use whole moong beans after soaking overnight.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.