Milk acts as an anupan, or carrier substance, bringing the qualities of herbs deeper into the tissues and is a very effective way to take the herbs of your choice and enjoy their benefits. This pippali milk recipe is good for respiratory disorders like bronchitis and asthma and is effective for digestive disorders.
Good for Kapha Dosha
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 10 Minutes
Serves: 1 Cup
- ½ t ground pippali
- 1 cup whole milk (preferably Cow’s milk)
- 1 t honey/maple syrup (optional)
- ¼ cup water
- Add milk, water, and ground pippali in a saucepan and bring it to a boil over high flame.
- Reduce the heat to medium flame and let it simmer until 1 cup of liquid is left.
- Add honey/maple syrup. Mix well and serve warm.