Brahmi/gotu kola is a super herb that is tridoshic, high in sattva, and rejuvenating. This ayurvedic pesto not only tastes good but also has brahmi’s powers for a clear and relaxed mind.
Good for all doshas.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serves: 4 Person
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ t grated ginger
- ½ ground black pepper
- Salt to taste preferably Himalayan salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans, walnuts, and pistachios
- ¼ t fennel powder
- 1 T chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup Holy Basil (Tulsi) leaves, you can substitute that with regular basil
- 3 cups of chopped kale
- ½ cup of chopped gotu kola or ¼ cup of gotu kola powder
- 1 small mashed avocado
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- Add half of the olive oil to a pan and when it’s warm add fresh ginger, black pepper, salt, and chopped nuts.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes and add fennel, coriander, and holy basil.
- After 1 minute, add kale and gotu kola.
- Add just a splash of water, cover, and let it simmer until the kale is tender.
- Let it cool and blend everything together with the remaining olive oil, avocado, and lime juice to a smooth paste.
Can be served over pearl barley, rice, or fresh pasta and vegetables.