Brahmi/gotu kola is a super herb that is tridoshic, high in sattva, and rejuvenating. This ayurvedic pesto not only tastes good but also has brahmi’s powers for a clear and relaxed mind.
Good for all doshas.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Total Time: 40 Minutes
Serves: 4 Person
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ½ t grated ginger
- ½ ground black pepper
- Salt to taste preferably Himalayan salt
- ½ cup chopped pecans, walnuts, and pistachios
- ¼ t fennel powder
- 1 T chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- ½ cup Holy Basil (Tulsi) leaves, you can substitute that with regular basil
- 3 cups of chopped kale
- ½ cup of chopped gotu kola or ¼ cup of gotu kola powder
- 1 small mashed avocado
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- Add half of the olive oil to a pan and when it’s warm add fresh ginger, black pepper, salt, and chopped nuts.
- Simmer for 1-2 minutes and add fennel, coriander, and holy basil.
- After 1 minute, add kale and gotu kola.
- Add just a splash of water, cover, and let it simmer until the kale is tender.
- Let it cool and blend everything together with the remaining olive oil, avocado, and lime juice to a smooth paste.
Can be served over pearl barley, rice, or fresh pasta and vegetables.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.