This pudding is a traditional dessert with a modern twist. It is a fluffy, grain-free, dairy-free dessert that is a perfect breakfast for those with a sweet tooth. Especially the inclusion of Summer fruit like Mango, it makes it an ideal hearty and nutritious feast of the season. Addition of cardamom powder balances the heat of Mangoes. You can also use fruits like blueberries, cantaloupe, peaches, plums etc.
Good for Kapha Dosha
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 Minutes
Serves: 2 Person
- ½ cup white tapioca pearls, preferably smaller sized
- 1 cup thick coconut milk
- 1 cup thin coconut milk
- 1 t ghee
- ¼ t cardamom powder
- ½ cup Mango pulp
- ¼ cup chopped mango pieces
- 2 T honey
- Wash and soak the tapioca pearls overnight. It should double in size in the morning.
- In a pan, heat ghee and add cardamom powder and thick coconut milk.
- When it starts to simmer, add tapioca pearls and allow to cook till it turns creamy
- Add thin coconut milk to adjust the consistency. Keep stirring.
- When the tapioca is cooked, lower the heat and add honey.
- Mix well and turn off the heat
- When it is cooled add mango pulp and mix well.
- Portion out the pudding in the serving bowls and top it with mango pieces.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours and serve chilled.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.