Prep Time: 10 Min
Total Time: 40 Min
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 cup lilva beans (also known as avarekalu)
- 2 cups rice (cooked)
- 1/2 tablespoons turmeric powder
- 1 pinch asafetida (hing)
- 5 slit green chilies
- 2-3 curry leaf twigs
- 1/2 tsp mustard
- 1/2 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 coriander leaves springs (chopped)
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp ghee (or oil)
- salt to taste
- Cook the rice in a separate cooker.
- Add 1 tsp of oil/ghee to the cooked rice and stir well. Set aside for now.
- Take water in a pan, add lilva beans and cook till it gets tender.
- Once cooked, strain the lilva bean and set it aside.
- Then, heat some ghee/oil in a pan & add the ½ tsp mustard seeds, ½ tsp urad dal, a pinch of hing, & handful of curry leaves and stir gently
- After that, add the chopped onions and slit green chilies and cook till golden brown.
- Toss in the boiled lilva beans and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the boiled rice, mix it well and then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the lemon juice and coriander and toss to mix well.