Give your basic hummus a twist with this recipe. Serve this creamy kidney beans hummus with crisp vegetables in summer or use it to make savory sautés in Autumn, Winter, and spring. This hummus can be used as a dip or a salad dressing or a side dish.
Good for Kapha Dosha.
For Vata/Autumn, serve with Yogurt.
For Pitta/Summer serve with lots of salad vegetables like romaine lettuce.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 Minutes
Serves: 1 person
- 1 can of Red Kidney beans (you can also use Black beans)
- 1 T tahini
- ½ t paprika
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- Salt to taste (preferably Himalayan salt)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Blend together the kidney beans, tahini, paprika, cayenne, and lemon juice until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Add olive oil and pulse a few times to blend everything.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Add fresh seasonal herbs as holy basil or mint leaves for extra flavor.