This cheese spread is a homemade version of a store-bought cheese spread. It is light, creamy, and can be modified to include your favorite herbs and spices. You can choose to use the low-fat versions of the dairy ingredients to make it healthy. You can use this cheese spread for toast, crackers, or as a dip
Good for Vata Dosha
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 2 Cup
- Heat the milk in a clean container.
- As it nears the boiling point, add vinegar/lemon juice and turn off the heat. Let the milk solids separate.
- Strain the milk in the cheesecloth and allow it to drain for 30 mins.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the greek yogurt with herbs. Add the drained milk cheese and mix well.
- Add salt, combine and serve.
The strained liquid is called whey and is highly nutritious. It can be used to knead chapati dough or can be added in dals or soups.