This healing green gram or mung bean soup is an ideal pick for when you want to have a light and nutritious meal. The ghee and broth balance the dryness of the mung beans and the spices improve digestion.
Good for All dosha.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serves: 2 person
- 1 cup of whole green gram beans soaked (sprouted green gram is even better)
- 1 Tablespoon ghee
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- ¼ teaspoon each of cumin powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 6 cups of basic broth
- 1 cup finely chopped leafy greens of your choice (spinach, collard greens etc.)
- Cilantro to garnish
- Add the ghee to a large pot and melt it over medium-high flame.
- Add ginger and spices, stir and add the mung beans.
- Add the broth and cover.
- Bring it to a low boil then let it cook for 30 minutes over medium flame.
- Add the greens and cook for another 10 minutes.
- When the beans are soft garnish with cilantro and serve hot
You can also garnish with toasted coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds along with cilantro.
Do you want to learn more? Ask us! OR Do you know more about this topic? Educate us.