This healing green gram or mung bean soup is an ideal pick for when you want to have a light and nutritious meal. The ghee and broth balance the dryness of the mung beans and the spices improve digestion.
Good for All dosha.
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Total Time: 45 Minutes
Serves: 2 person
- 1 cup of whole green gram beans soaked (sprouted green gram is even better)
- 1 Tablespoon ghee
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped ginger
- ¼ teaspoon each of cumin powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- 6 cups of basic broth
- 1 cup finely chopped leafy greens of your choice (spinach, collard greens etc.)
- Cilantro to garnish
- Add the ghee to a large pot and melt it over medium-high flame.
- Add ginger and spices, stir and add the mung beans.
- Add the broth and cover.
- Bring it to a low boil then let it cook for 30 minutes over medium flame.
- Add the greens and cook for another 10 minutes.
- When the beans are soft garnish with cilantro and serve hot
You can also garnish with toasted coconut flakes and pumpkin seeds along with cilantro.